SPOT AND STAIN REMOVAL IN CARMARTHENSHIRE
How To Remove Tough Stains and Spots
Spot & stain removal is best dealt with straight away, the longer a stain is left untouched the higher the chances are of it becoming permanent.CALL US NOW ON 01269 845713
How Do You Deal With Spots or Stains?
Accidents will happen, if something gets spilled on your carpet, take prompt action to prevent staining. You will need some clean white absorbent cloth, or kitchen towel, and the four basic solutions listed below. (Please check that your carpet is colour fast, and safe to clean, by testing all solutions in an inconspicuous area before application).
- Dry Cleaning solution – Surgical Spirit
- Detergent Solution – One teaspoon of gentle detergent for washing woollens to half a pint (0.3 litres) of warm water.
- Detergent and Vinegar Solution – Add one tablespoon of white (not malt) vinegar to the detergent Solution.
- Ammonia Solution – One teaspoon of branded household ammonia (available from hardware stores), to one cup of warm water.
Tackle the stains as follows:
- Alcohol, coffee, tea, liquid foods and urine. Blot up surplus spillage. Use detergent and vinegar solution. Work from the outer edge of the stain inwards, using a little at a time, blotting up with dry cloths frequently. See below for the final rinse procedure.
- Chocolate, Sweets, Blood, Glue, Egg, Ice Cream Milk, Soft drinks, and Vomit. Scrape up excess with a blunt knife. Use Detergent Solution starting at the outer edge. Blot dry. Follow up with Ammonia Solution. Blot dry. See below for final rinse procedure.
- Solids, Fats, Tar, Chewing gum, Oil, Ointment and Shoe Polish. Scrape up excess with a blunt knife. Use Dry Cleaning Solution followed by Detergent and Vinegar Solution. Blot dry. See below for final rinse procedure.
- Unknown stains. Scrape up or blot surplus spillage. Use Dry Cleaning Solution followed by clean warm water. Blot dry. If further treatment is needed, use either Detergent or Detergent and Vinegar Solution. Blot dry. See below for rinse procedure.
Final Rinse Procedure
This rinse procedure is applicable to all the above methods of stain removal. Simply mix one-part white vinegar and four parts water. Pour mixture into a spray bottle and spray over the stained area. Blot dampened area (do not rub) to remove excess moisture. Spread white kitchen towel (stacked 6-8 sheets deep) over the affected area and place a weight, such as a book, directly on top. This will help moisture residue to soak into the towels. Leave overnight and repeat if necessary.CALL US NOW ON 01269 845713
Top Tips For Removing Tough Stains and Spots
Spot & stain removal is best dealt with straight away.
Jump up and deal with the stain straight away, don't leave the stain as the longer it is left the harder it will be to treat.
Blot the affected area with a white absorbent cloth or towel.
Blotting is important as rubbing the area will only drive the staining deeper into the pile, making it harder to remove or permanently setting it in.
Using a white cloth is important as the last thing you want to do is start transferring colour from a towel into the carpet rather than taking the stain away.
Once there is no more colour transferring onto your towel wet the area slightly to keep the stain alive and continue with the blotting action.
Dry the area so the area is not over wet but make sure to leave it slightly damp.
Repeat this process until there is no more colour transfer.
DO NOT use an off the shelf stain remover.
these quite often will look like they have removed the stain but nearly always return and usually a little bigger than before.
The reason for this is the chemicals used in the products will sit in your carpets/fabrics and attract more dirt towards them.
They often have "oxidising agents" in them which is basically small amounts or bleach which will change the colour, not always the colour it was before as you can see in the picture to the right.
If the stain is still visible, CALL US!
We have a wealth of experience in different stains, call us today and we can advise on what to do next or visit your home and make the stain disappear!
WE FOLLOW OUR TIPS TO HELP REMOVE STUBBORN SPOTS AND STAINS. IF THE STAIN IS STILL VISIBLE, CALL OUR HEPFUL TEAM.
Read what other customers have said about our Spot and Stain Removal Service….
Where Do We Offer Our Spot and Stain Removal Services?
Our team of expert stone polisher specialists cover the whole of Carmarthenshire, including:
If you can’t see your hometown, don’t worry! Call us, we may be able to clean your home or can recommend a cleaning company that will.